Clover is a top name in point of sale systems, and the Clover 2 countertop POS system doesn’t disappoint. The Clover POS 2.0 is an integrated suite of products that combines register, printer and terminal eliminating the need for auxiliary hardware. Some of the most popular features are its layout, information presentation and ease of use. The versatile interface and customizable service menu are just a couple of the feature that consistently place the Clover Station 2.0 among the top 10 in Best POS Systems for small businesses.
Along with a customer-facing printer display, this all-in-one system allows businesses to accept swipe payments and contactless payments, as well as having an NFC-enabled receipt printer. It comes with a 14-inch, high resolution touch screen that swivels for easier signature capture, and it has fingerprint scanning capability to ensure secure employee login.
Most popular hardware features:
- A new chip reader allows the 2.0 to accept EMV, NFC and PIN debit transactions
- Faster processor with 4GB RAM and 16 GB ROM
- Apple and Android Pay compatible
It also offers connectivity options that include ethernet, wireless and Bluetooth as well as two cash drawer ports and four USB ports to connect peripherals.
In the 2.0, Clover has streamlined their software for an all-around smoother experience. The cloud-based software means you can access any business information from anywhere at any time. Software options let you perform activities like making payments, tracking inventory, managing timesheets, running reports and printing documents.
Most popular software features:
- More practical for multi-location and full-service restaurants
- Upgrades to “Tables” and “Orders” apps
- Dashboard upgrades for easier navigation
- System customization to your specifications (manage employees and customers, create and view reports, monitor revenue stream)
The Clover App Marketplace offers over 300 apps to help you personalize the system to your business needs. Some are available at no cost, others at a small cost, and new apps are added by developers regularly.
The Clover Station 2.0 is an all-in-one point of sale system, but there are optional accessories available to help tailor the system to your unique requirements. Available accessories include the following:
- Cash drawer
- Handheld Barcode Scanner
- Hands Free / countertop Barcode Scanner
- Kitchen Printer
- Weight Scale
Best Overall Features
Businesses using the Clover Station 2.0 consistently cite these as the best features of this point of sale system.
- Exceptionally fast set-up as it comes pre-configured right out of the box
- Aesthetically pleasing design that takes up minimal counterspace
- Wide variety of apps that can be adapted to almost any industry
- Very little learning curve as training can be completed in less than two hours
- Larger, easy-to-read touchscreen minimizes the potential for error
- All-in-one design with register, printer, terminal and scanner
- Convenience of delivering receipts via text and email as well as through print
For small to medium sized retail and restaurant businesses looking for flexible point of sale systems, the Clover Station 2.0 comes highly recommended. Before you decide on a POS, take deeper look into the Clover Station 2.0 and other Clover merchant solutions.