Purchase Protection Is A Pleasant Credit Card Gain
It is important to know the benefits of buying a purchase protection plan for your credit card and why you must invest in one, as soon as you get a credit card.
When credit cards are used, then the user or the owner of the card gets entitled to the various benefits that are provided by the agencies. However, if one goes for the purchase protection plan, then not only does it provide double benefits, but it also makes the items purchased with the credit card more secure and liable to compensations and returns on conditions.
A purchase protection is a certain kind of a feature of the credit card that allows credit card holders to get returns from the price drops of the commodities they buy and also gives returns when the products bought get stolen or they get damaged unintentionally(for accidents and so on). Some of the many purchase protection benefits have been discussed below:
- Like price protection policies of the credit card, the purchase price protection insurance policy also safeguards your commodities from the drop of the prices.
- It helps to claim the price of the commodity purchased if it turns out to be defective and if the merchant refuses to refund the amount.
- If the product bought through the card gets stolen or damaged within a certain period of time, then one can get the product’s price as a return.
There are a few conditions under which your item becomes eligible for the returns which might vary from agency to agency:
- One can get the benefits of a purchase protection cover if the commodity has been purchased through the specific credit card which offers the benefits.
- He must submit price drop’s details within 90-180 days of the change (the time period mentioned varies). Also, the claim for the money of the damaged product and the details of its damage must be provided to the agency within the time mentioned by them.
- The drop of the prices, when listed, must be from the same retailer from whom the product was bought earlier with the credit card. Many credit card agencies who have a purchase protection policy also offer the returns if the products are sold at lower prices at retail shops within a certain radius of the shop from where it was purchased.
Best purchase protection plans include the kind of coverages which
- Have a greater duration than the other purchase protection plans for returns or for compensations. If the time period remains more, then the chances of getting returns also remain more as the price drops, if they occur on a slightly later date, then too one can avail the benefits of the same.
- Have a greater coverage than most other companies; generally, the greater the purchase price protection insurance (of coverage against theft, damage and price drop), the more are the benefits which you can make use of.
- Have least number of excluded items. When most companies offer the purchase protection policy, then the fine print where the terms and conditions are noted generally have a great list of items which are excluded from the benefits of the coverage of the policy. Some have lesser items excluded, which means that one will have greater chances of getting returns.
Thus when you buy a purchase protection policy, then not only are you buying a purchase protection insurance cover, but you are also making your credit card purchases more secure and the chances of you getting the benefits of the policy also get higher. Then, the value of your credit card remains more and you can easily utilise it according to your convenience.